Mr. Mutua, this is the best press release I have seen from you in ages :-) !
As a result, some people have started saying that the Government is conducting witch-hunting and bias in its fight.
Others have started telling concocted stories that are inaccurate. Some are asking that we only take action on Anglo Leasing. Some of these people know they are implicated in other corrupt activities and are trying to pre-empt action that will be taken against them.
The Government would like to make it clear that:
- It will continue to investigate and make public the results of its investigations into corruption.
- No one will be discriminated against because it does not matter as to when you engaged in corruption, you committed an offense against the people of Kenya. It does not matter what your tribe is, what your profession is, what your political standing is. If you have stolen, prepare for jail.
- Some of the people making the loudest noise on witch-hunting have skeletons in their cabinets and these will be revealed as investigations intensify a thief is a thief, whether driving an expensive car, living in a grand home or in a slum.
- Kenyans have asked the Government to fight corruption. Do the people of Kenya want us to fight corruption or not? If they want us to, then they should not pay attention to people who are getting scared that they will be caught and who are trying to politicize and deflect the fight.
- (THIS WAS EMPTY AT THE TIME I GOT THE RELEASE)
- It does not matter when you stole, in Goldenberg, Anglo Leasing, in land grabbing or other recent and specific corrupt activities and shoddy deals in Government Ministries
The signs of corruption are all around us. For example, we have roads that are built, and in a short time, theyre full of potholes. Those involved in such shoddy deals will have to pay for it. The people of Kenya want the truth, justice and their money back. This, the Government will get for them.
Dr. Alfred N. Mutua
PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS SECRETARY &
February 19, 2006
Win a BlackBerry device from O2 with Yahoo!. Enter now.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.